Thursday, January 15, 2009

Top 5 Albums You Want But Don't Need



I have been listening to rap and hip hop for almost all my life now. I went through phases of other musics, and I didn't grow up on LL Cool J being from a white area and having white Parents. But once I was able to choose my own music, i always go back to rap and hip hop over and over again. Some say it's the beats, some say it's the words, some say it's the marketing, I say that I like it and that's all there is to it. But there are people who are just brainwashed and don't know what's good or bad for them. In this post I will touch on 5 albums everyone "Had To Have" but can live without.

1: 50 Cent - Curtis

First of all, I used to really like fiddy. When I first heard Get Rich, I loved it and listened to it over and over and over again for months straight, no joke. I knew, and probably still do know, every single word that is on that album from start to finish from lyrics to just talking. I don't know how many times I have said "G-G-G-G-G-G-Unit!" while partying with my friends. All that aside, Curtis is terrible album. After Dre stopped working with him and holding his hand, he went down hill. His stuff before Get Rich is better than Curtis. On this album all he does is talk about how much money he has and how he spends it on retarded shit as well as sound like he's falling asleep while doing it. After "Magic Stick" cam out I knew we were in for trouble, but this has gone too far. Stop it Fiddy, Stop It.

2: Lil Wayne - The Carter 1-3

I know everyone loves Lil Wayne, and I know everyone will call me a hater for putting these albums up, but I don't care. I don't get how this guy is so popular. His lyrics are whack as hell, he comes up with some of the most ridiculous punch lines i have ever hears as well as just some of the dumbest shit period. And now he's putting auto-tune on his rap?! What the hell is this?! I was annoyed by the robot voice when singing, but I can kind of understand it because there is pitch and notes there that go all over the place. But putting auto-tune on just regular rap vocal is just the last straw with the whole robot voice. They need to put it to bed, and Lil Wayne needs to take it more serious or just stop. He is not the greatest rapper ever, I'm sorry.

3: Kanye West - College Dropout

Again, like 50, I listened to Kanye's first album over and over again a thousand times. I think that will forever be his best, as I feel almost every ones first album is their best because they have had a whole life to prepare for that one album. Everyone one after that is on deadline to get done and be just as good. I even kind of liked Late Registration, but College Dropout is just Kanye bragging about how he is the best for the most part. And when it isn't on a song, it's him acting like a baby when people don't "understand" what he does. Fuck you, Kanye, you are good but you are not the best. I'm convinced him being that way is a act, but who knows.

4: Snoop Dogg - Ego Trippin'

I pick this because all of his albums sound the same now, so no one really needs this one.

5: T-Pain - Thr33 Ringz

Like I said, I understand it's kinda cool to have the auto-tune robot voice thing. But give it a rest, it's just been over done. T-Pain is the king of auto-tune, he wears a hat that proves it. It's too much. No one needs this, it's making people dumber just like ordering by numbers when you go out to eat. I don't really want to talk any more about it

Those are the ones no one needs.

-Cheebs

No comments: