Monday, January 26, 2009

5 Sample Loaded Sites

Click me for a good time ;)

I put together this list of the top 5 places I go when I get bored with the drums I have. Some of these sites are more than just samples, so give them all a good look around and get as much out of them as you can. What's the point of free stuff if no one takes advantage of it?

Sample Swap

This site is full of break beats and loops as well as drum hits. There is also a section where people upload songs they have created for other people to download. I go here every few weeks just to see whats new.

BAP

I stumbled onto this site on accident. I was just looking around and clicked on a link. It threw me off that it was in french, but I found out where the samples were and downloaded some of them. Its basically just enough to get anyone started in making beats. There's some drums, instruments and loops to pick through. It's nothing too special, but I like something about it.

Sample Craze

This site is cool because it has a lot of drum kits for sale. But me being cheap, what really makes this site cool is there are free sample packs to check out of each kit you could but. If you spend a little time and download them all, you might find some cool sounds to inspire you. It might actually make you wanna buy something. it happens to the best of us.

Sound Zone

I haven't used them for quite a while, but soundfonts are pretty cool. It's basically a synth that is played in any soundfont player. A lot of good bass, piano and other synth are put in soundfonts and sound pretty good. It's also a good way of having a lot of sounds without having to get a bunch of CPU munching VST's.

KB6.de

These guys have tons of vintage drum machine samples. Everyone knows about the 707, 808 and 909 by Roland, but there are a ton of other really grimy and dope drum machines out there. I love hardware, but computers are the wave of the future, so I sold a lot of my drum machines. This way you get the milk and don't have to buy the cow, or something like that.

Don't forget to leave me comments on what you want. Most of these posts are requests.

-Cheebs

No comments: